West Palm Beach Fishing Reports - Inshore and Offshore

Welcome to WPBFISHINGREPORT.COM. Captain Zito and his crew aboard "Blue Steel" invite you to enjoy these inshore and offshore saltwater fishing reports from in and around Palm Beach as well as other areas of South Florida.

07/16/2011 Offshore Fishing Report Palm Beach

I headed out solo since it was extremely calm. Cleared the inlet around 715 and tried catching some bait however there was a nice cuda that decided he was going to mess with me for 30 minutes and steal my bait and sabikis. I finally got fed up and headed out to find some weeds or rips. I found a decent weed line in 85 but knew that was going to be Bonito heaven so i went out to 400' to some spotty weeds. Sure enough i caught a Bonito within 5 minutes of lines being in. Add some Trigger fish and remoras and i had a SoFlo Garbage Slam! You can also thrown in the 5 or 6 times i got bit off. Since i was going to the Jason Aldean concert, i decided to call it an early day so i could get some things done. Its nice to be able to just run out whenever i feel like it. Conditions were completely flat, a light variable wind. The moon was full and didnt set until 10am or so. I am thinking the day was slow because of the moon and lack of current. Photos below sum up my day on the water but at least it was peaceful after a long week of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment